Useful information about St.Petersburg
Saint-Petersburg is a very friendly city, where every year tourists come from all over the world. But unfortunately not all people are honest, so you should know the following information.
Taxi from Pulkovo airport to the city center 600 - 1000 rub (not higher!)
Taxi from Moskovsky railwaystation (main) to our hostel 200 rub.
Price of the tickets in public transport
Bus/Tram 30 rub. per ticket
Metro 35 rub. per ticket
Be careful in public transport and in the public places. Do not hold your bags open. Do not leave your belongings unattended.
You should know that in St. Petersburg has a lot of bridges and they are bred for the night (from about 1 am to 5 am) from may till october. Bridges connects the northern and southern part of the city. So if you are in the northern part and you need to move to the southern part (or vice versa), you need to do it before the breeding of bridges.
Information points situated on:
- Rastrelli Square (next to the ensemble of Smolny Convent);
- on Palace Square;
- Isaac Square (next to St. Isaac's Cathedral);
- on Kronverksky Avenue at Alexander Park (next to the Peter and Paul Fortress);
- passenger port in the territory of "Marine Facade" (works for tourists sailed on cruise ships in maritime navigation period from May to September);
- on Uprising Square (next to the hotel "Oktyiabrskaya");
- airport Pulkovo-1
- airport Pulkovo-2